Monday, November 8, 2010

Happy birthday lilies

I made this card for a friend’s birthday, and as the topic for the Party Time Tuesdays Challenge #19 is “anything goes”, I’m adding the card to the challenge. The only requirement is to use birthday wording on the front, and I have that covered.

I’m also adding this card to Wee Memories Challenge #30 - Its time for a BIRTHDAY BASH!!, where the challenge is to make a project with a Birthday Theme.

I learned to make this type of card at
Heartfelt Creations webpage, and the full tutorial on how to make this can be found at Cheryl's blog.
Front:
Stamps:
I used
HCPC 3315 Lily Petals PreCut Set to make my lilies. Before I stamped out the lilies I sprayed some Tim Holtz Peeled Paint Distress Re-inker on white paper and dried the paper with my heat gun. I also stamped out two leaves from HCPC 2252 Stem and Leaves Pre Cut Set. They’re not really the leaves I wanted for this project, but they’re the ones I had. I then stamped out the sentiment. Sadly I’ve forgotten where I bought it, but I’ll try to figure it out. In the mean time – please let me know if you recognize it. I stamped all the images with Tsukineko Memento Bamboo Leaves Dye Inkpad.

Dies: I used two of the dies from
HCD 704 Perfect Petals Diecuts – the lily petals and the background. I also used Spellbinders Doodle Parts and Labels Four.

Paper:
Bazzill Bling String of Pearls and Inkido Sommar Text Vanilj.
Embellishments: Ribbon and shiny brads.
Green lilies heartfelt creations spellbinders
Inside:
Stamps:
I stamped
HCPC 3323 - Large Elegant Word Background PreCut Set with Tim Holtz Distress Embossing Ink Pad and used my heat gun to dry it. It’s so hard to get this to show in the pictures, but you can actually tell in this one. I also used the same Happy Birthday sentiment as in the front, and again I used the Tsukineko Memento Bamboo Leaves Dye Inkpad. I used the smallest butterfly from HCPC 2264 Swirl Mystique Butterfly PreCut Set from Heartfelt Creations to make the details around the sentiment.
Dies: Spellbinders Labels Five Nestabilities

green lilies heartfelt creations spellbinders inside
Well, it’s nearly bedtime over here in Norway, so I’ll end this here. Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty! Love the greens!

    Thanks for playing at Wee Memories this week!

    ReplyDelete