Wednesday, October 6, 2010

My first card!

After fumbling a bit around with my new Big Shot die cutting machine, I finally made a card. It has a rather simple design, and I’ve used one of my favorite color mixes – pink and green. I’m also a big fan of plain white, I just love the looks of embossed lines on white paper.


IMG_2208

These are the supplies I used for my card:
Front:
Bruk 1

Flower
: The two smallest flowers from Tim Holtz Alterations Tattered Florals. I used plain pink paper, and sprayed with “Pink Bubblegum” Glimmer mist afterwards.
Leaves: I stamped the middle size leave from Heartfelt Creations “HCPC 2252 Stem and Leaves PreCut Set”. Heartfelt creations is my favorite stamp company – they have so many wonderful stamps, I wish I could buy them all. I stamped the leaves with Versafine “Olympia Green”, and colored them with Tim Holtz Distress re-inker “Peeled Paint”. I added some Distress Stickles too, also of the color “Peeled Paint”.
Background: I took a white paper, 5”x5”, and punched around the page with Martha Stewart’s “Layered Arches” punches. I then used my ScorBuddy to emboss a pattern.

Inside:Bruk 4
I didn’t want to add any stamps here, I just felt like making a border. I first punched 3 “squares” using MS “Layered Arches” and the right angle punching technique. I then cut out the Spellbinders “Lotus Border Petite”, first on white paper, then on pink. I colored the border with “Peeled Paint” to resemble the color of the leaves in the front. Then I put the parts together using regular glue and glue dots. At last I added some rhinestone embellishments
IMG_2303
Back:

Bruk 2

I cut out one of the Spellbinders “Large Octagons” dies, and colored it with “Peeled paint” ink. I’ve filled an “Inkssentials Minimister” with water and a few drops of ink from the re-inker, so I can get an even sprayed surface. Then I also embossed a few lines using my ScorBuddy. Afterwards I stamped out Stampendous “Worth It” clear stamp with Tsukineko Memento’s “Bamboo Leaves” inkpad, and cut out the stamp with one of the dies from Spellbinders “Labels Nine”. I then placed the shape on top of the octagon.


That’s all for now. Thanks for looking! :)








No comments:

Post a Comment