Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Blue Christmas

.I have a new card to show today. It’s a Christmas card, but not really in the traditional colors of Christmas. I’m very fond of blue though, so I’m pretty happy about the result.

I’m entering the card to several challenges, there are just so many that fit!
Wild Orchid Challenge 10: Blue Christmas (make a predominately blue creation).Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge #12: Christmas Theme + must include ribbon/lace/trim.Flourishes Timeless Tuesday FTTC93: Make a Christmas Card.Pollycraft Monday Challenge #70: A glittery Christmas.The Crafty Pad Challenge 97: Christmas Sparkle.Simon Says Stamp! Challenge Blog: Simon Says….. Sparkle!ABC Christmas Challenge: Make a Christmas  card.ABC Challenge: H is for Holiday.Creative Inspirations Challenge Blog #47: Anything Christmassy/Winter. Mark's Finest Papers - Speedy the Cat's Friends Challenge #29: Have a snowflake on your card.Die Cut Dreams Christmas Club #43: SnowflakesSweet Stampin Challenge Blog: SnowflakesStamp Simply # 165: Make a Christmas card not using traditional Christmas colors.Crafty Ann's Challenge Blog #27: Make a Christmas card not using traditional Christmas colors.
City Crafter Challenge Week 31: A card featuring children.

Keep it Simple! :
Theme “Wonderland”. To me, wonderland is all about winter. I’m very week for snow, it makes me wanna run outside and just feel it (which I can assure you I did when our first snowfall came this year in the beginning of October).
Freshly Brewed Challenges # 23: “Show of your style”. As you might have noticed if you’ve read a few of my posts, I’m all about details. I always intend to make a simple card, and then I keep adding and some hours later it looks far more detailed than the original thought was. Sometimes I can’t help myself. At the time I feel pretty obsessed about heat embossing, I love the result.
Going Grey with Scrap-Creations Challenge
: Make a song inspired card. There is a Christmas song by the Rescues called “All I want for Christmas (is to give my love away)”, which I find so beautiful. I heard it first on Grey’s Anatomy and it has been on repeat ever since. The song begins like this: “Snow falls slow in the moonlight, children merrily play. All I want for Christmas, is to give my love away”. The lyrics are very pretty, and they seem pretty suitable for my card. To go to youtube and listen to the song, click here.

So, enough talk there – let’s see the card!
Spellbinders Labels Five Ovals Snowflake Shapeabilities Heartfelt Creations Chickadee surprise Worship the Lord ODBD Front:
Spellbinders Labels Five Ovals Snowflake Shapeabilities Heartfelt Creations Chickadee surprise Worship the Lord ODBD2 
Stamps:
The little girl is from Heartfelt Creations, and the stamp is called Chickadee Surprise. I colored her using Letraset Promarkers. She has gotten a little detail on her cap and on the snow – using Flower Soft Polar White. The snowflakes was stamped from the HCPC 3344 Single Snowflakes PreCut set, also from Heartfelt Creations. I stamped them using Tsukineko Mememto Danube Blue Ink Pad. The background was made using Heartfelt CreationsHCPC 3345 Snowflake Medley PreCut Set, stamped with Tim Holtz Distress Embossing Ink Pad. I then added Bridal Embossing Powder and heated it up with my heatgun. I just love the result! The sentiment is from a set from Our Daily Bread Designs called Worship the Lord.

Dies:
Spellbinders Snowflake Wonder Shapeabilities, Classic Ovals LG, Big Scalloped Ovals LG and Labels Five.

Embellishments: Ribbon, brads, pearls, glitter.

Inside:Kaia's Creations Spellbinders snowflakes heartfelt creations let it snow flurries Stamps: The background was made using HCPC 3343 Let it Snow Flurries PreCut Set. I used the same technique as on the front: Stamped the image using Tim Holtz Distress Embossing Ink Pad, added Bridal Embossing Powder and heated it up.Kaia's Creations Spellbinders snowflakes heartfelt creations let it snow flurries2

The snowflakes are made the same way as in the front – I stamped them used by
HCPC 3344 Single Snowflakes PreCut set, cut them with Spellbinders Snowflake Wonder Shapeabilities and added glitter.

I’m so excited with Christmas approching us, so I’m sure there will be more Christmas cards coming very soon. Thanks for stopping by today!


- Kaia -

21 comments:

  1. WHAT a GORGEOUS Christmas card! I love the beautiful shades of blue, that big wonderful bow and the sentiment touched my heart! Beautiful card, thanks so much for showing us your style at Freshly Brewed Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and what a sweet image!!
    Thanks for sharing it with us at Speedy's Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning, inside and out.Thank you for playing with Speedy's Friends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, great style!

    Thanks for joining us at Freshly Brewed Challenges!!

    Greetings, Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful creation! Thank you for playing at The Crafty Pad! Look out for all the fun at our 100th challenge coming soon! Hugs Tina (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous card, wonderful colours and you've created a beautiful background. I love the cute image and wonderful details.

    So glad you could join us in the Simon Says Stamp challenge.
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So Beautiful Kaia, such a lot of work and love has gone into this. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its gorgeous and I love the colours.Thanks for taking part in this weeks Sweet Stampin Challenge!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty card and color palette. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sweet! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely image and im loving that ribbon!
    Thanks for joining us at The Crafty Pad this week.
    Dont forget our 100th challenge coming soon!
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely card - inside and out. You certainly have fulfilled our requirement for snowflakes! Thank you for playing along with us at Sweet Stampin this week. Warmest wishes, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is absolutely beautiful! love the embossing that center of that bow.....perfect touch. Thanks for sharing your Wintery/Christmassy chilly whilly creation at the Creative Inspirations challenge this fortnight!! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty! Thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really cute little image here ... thanks for playing along at CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a lovely Christmas card, inside and out! Thanks so much for joining our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very pretty, love the ribbon embellishment. Thanks for joining us at Going Grey with Scrap Creations!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great job! I love the ribbon! Thanks for playing with us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  19. really lovely card I especially love the sparkley embossing you have done, and love the colours, Thanks for joining in with us on the ABC Christmas Challenge, Samantha :0)

    please conciser turning off word verification to make commenting more fun for challenge dt's

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a lovely creation. Thanks for joining us in the X Challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge this time. Hugs, Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh so very pretty - what a fabulous card :) Thank you for joining us this week over at WOC. Hugs, Dawny xxx

    ReplyDelete